How to Make Cupcakes In 9 Easy Steps
Cupcakes are a great treat for many occasions. At first, cupcakes were served only for certain occasions like kids’ birthday. Today, many couples even serve cupcakes on their wedding party instead of the traditional wedding cakes. These facts make people want to learn how to make cupcakes; you may also want to do the same thing. The good news is that cupcakes are very easy to make. You only need some simple ingredients and appliances to make tasty cupcakes for the special occasions.
Here are 9 easy steps you can do to make cupcakes:
1. Read the recipe and baking methods carefully. Baking method is one of the most important aspects you should know well about making cupcakes.
2. Make sure that you prepare the cake pans and paper cupcake liners before starting. Cake mixture usually rises quickly and you should put them into the oven immediately right after mixing.
3. Beat the butter first before the sugar. You can beat the butter using an electric mixer. Then, beat the sugar in some batches and beat each batch for two minutes. For a successful baking result, your mixture should be fluffy and light. In addition, your butter shouldn’t cold and hard. If you find that your butter is cold, warm it into the microwave for 5 seconds.
4. Add the eggs one by one into the mixture. Beat them well if you expect to obtain a light and fluffy mixture. Make sure that you use eggs at room temperature and choose the large ones (67-70 grams).
5. Sift the dry ingredients together. Next, mix the dry ingredients and the wet ones alternately until they are mixed well. Beat the mixture sufficiently to avoid a dense heavy cupcake.
6. After mixing the dry and wet ingredients, add berries, chocolate or nuts carefully to the mixture.
7. Fill the cupcake paper liners with the mixture until 3/4 full. The amount of cupcakes that you can obtain from the mixture depends of the cupcake liners size that you choose.
8. Bake your cakes according to the specific time and oven temperature on the recipe. To know if the cakes are done well, insert a skewer into the middle of the cakes. Pull out the skewer and if it comes out clean, it means that your cakes are done well.
9. Remove your cakes from the oven and put them on the rack. Let the cakes become cool and then you can decorate them. If you decorate the cakes when they are still hot, your icing will melt.