These little cupcakes aren’t the traditional cupcake that you are used to seeing, making and eating; but they are so much fun! Who doesn’t like ice cream, right? These are the simplest cupcakes to make and they are different so you’ll be a hit at any place you choose to serve them.
It’s super fun if you use different flavors. I like to use spumoni and then top it with confetti sprinkles. I also like to use pecan and top with chocolate sprinkles. It just makes them look really extra special. You can also use white chocolate chips or butterscotch chips to change it up a bit and then just change the flavor accordingly. You can have fun with it. These little guys are amazing.
Ice Cream Cupcakes
1/2 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
1 Pint Ice Cream (any flavor)
2/3 Cup Frozen Whipped Topping (thawed)
Liquid Food Colors (optional)
1. Assemble 4 stacks of 8 cups in each muffin pan with a foil cup on top using 32 foil baking cups with paper liners.
2. Melt the chocolate slowly in a double boiler.
3. Brush the inside of the top of the foil cups with the melted chocolate.
4. Freeze them until they have set.
5. Drop 1 scoop ice cream into each chocolate cup and then remove them from the stack.
6. Return them to the freezer.
7. If you are going to tint the top with food coloring divide the colors between the cups and mix them with the whipped topping.
8. Add the food coloring and add the food coloring to the desired color.
9. Spoon into zip lock bags.
10. Cut a corner off each and pipe topping on ice cream.